Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tuesday's news

Hello All,
Well I heard from my oncologist on Monday and she and the tumor board agreed that chemo is still the best option for me. I went this morning and got my gemzar, which is the one I have been getting since beginning of my treatment and then I started taking a pill form of chemo that I will take twice a day for the first 14 days of the cehmo cycle and I will take the gemzar at the hospital on the first day and the eighth day and then I will have one week off.

We saw Dr Khan today too and she felt my abdomen and can tell that the tumors have grown again. We are hoping that this new drug will work as well as the first one did without side effects that make it so I can't take it. We asked about going back to the cisplatin that I was on first that was working but gave me significant hearing loss after only two doses, and she said it would be my choice but it would probably make me deaf. So please pray that this new drug works. On the bright side, I don't have to get the shots at home anymore, much to Dave's dismay, lol :)

No comments:

Post a Comment