Monday, March 5, 2012

Liver cancer board

Hello all, just an update for you. I had an appointment with my oncologist last week and she said it seemed like the tumor is the same size not any smaller so she sent me for a ct scan this morning. She called tonight and said that I wouldn't be getting my chemo this week because she is going to present my case to the liver cancer board at Henry Ford Hospital downtown on Friday. She said it is a tam of doctors and surgeons that specialize in liver cancer. She said they will come up with a chemo plan and she will talk to the surgeons to see if they can offer any options. She said there is a localized treatment where they would cut off the blood supply to th e tumors but she wasn't sure it was an option because there are so many tumors. I will let everyone know when I hear anything. My oncologist said not to lose sleep over this so we are staying positive waiting for a new plan of action :)

No comments:

Post a Comment